25 Places to Celebrate Independence This 4th of July
With so many events and festivals this 4th of July, it may be hard to decide what to fit into your Colorado calendar. Here are some fourth of July events, separated by price and region to help you decide which events for the 4th of July you and your family want to take part in.
RANKING: $ = $0-$10 • $$ = $10-$20 • $$$: $20-$30 • $$$$ = $30+
1. Grand Lake: ($) This Independence Day, Grand Lake Fire Protection District and the Grand Lake Sheriff’s Department are celebrating the 4th by helping feed families. If you have any non perishable goods lying around and are interested in a great fireworks show, head to this Colorado event Grand Lake this fourth of July. Located in Rocky Mountain National Park.
2. Black Hawk: ($-$$$$ depending on your gambling habits) Boasting the title of “Boom Town,” Black Hawk offers the largest fireworks display in Colorado. Not to mention plenty of Casinos to test your luck.
3. Arapahoe Basin: Commonly known as A-Basin, this Ski Resort will be open to Ski or Snowboard this 4th of July, July 1-4th to be exact. If you’re dreaming of a white Independence Day, A-Basin is your dream location for celebration of the 4th of July.
4. Lake Dillon, Frisco: ($$-$$$) Enjoy Frisco’s Freedom Fest on July 2nd.
5. Crested Butte: ($) From a costume themed parade to the fireworks display at the foot of Mt. Crested Butte, this is the perfect thing to do on the 4th of July.
6. Winter Park: From a parade, to a fishing derby Winter Park has the Independence Day festivities covered.
7. Riverworks Center, Breckenridge: ($$-$$$) Breckenridge starts of their July 4th Celebration with a 10k run, and keeps things going with free concerts, ending the day with a great fireworks display.
8. Copper Mountain: ($-$$) Copper Mountain will be a bustling mountain town this fourth of July weekend, with tons of 4th of July events. These events span from a kids parade, music, and a “conscious carnival” (all free events). There will also be a half marathon, and a fireworks show to boot.
1. The Riverfront Park: ($) located just outside of central downtown Denver, this park will have a great view of all the firework celebrations Denver has to offer.
4. Elitch Gardens: ($$$$) Splash through the water park, roll with the roller coasters, or shine with the fireworks. Its your call.
1. Dicks Sporting Goods Stadium: ($$) Kicking off the celebration a little early (July 3rd) enjoy the festivities and stay for the game and fireworks. The Rapids will be playing the Houston Dynamo.
2. Folsom Field: Celebrating local artists, as well as Independence Day, Ralphie’s Independence Day Blast is the place to be if you love Boulder.
3. Boulder Reservoir: ($$) It’s a college students haven and a great place to have some fun in the sun this 4th of July.
4. Cornerstone Park, Englewood: ($-$$) from miniature golf and swimming, to bouncy castles and fireworks Cornerstone Park is always full of family fun and summer delight.
5. Lions Park, Golden: ($-$$) face painting, puppets, music, and food. This is a great way to celebrate Independence Day.
6. Highlands Ranch: ($)Celebrate the Nations Birthday in Highlands Ranch.
7. Lakewood: ($) Lakewood’s Parade is this suburb’s pride and joy. Check out the festivities and watch some great fireworks.
8. Clement Park, Littleton: ($$) The park’s them Red, White, and You brings a personal spin on the fourth of July celebrations.
1. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs: ($) Starting at four with music and entertainment on the Academy’s fields this is the place to celebrate the fourth in Colorado Springs.
2. Greenmont Cemetery, Durango: ($) Enjoy the fireworks display that can be seen from almost anywhere in Durango.
1. North Lake Park, Loveland: ($) the fireworks with start on the 4th around 9:15. Get there early to get a good seat.
2. Sheldon Lake, Fort Collins: ($$-$$$) Between a 5k and a golf tournament there is no shortage of entertainment this 4th of July for Fort Collins residences.
3. Island Grove Park, Greeley: ($) celebrate with the Independence Stampede this 4th of July!